Bahay ni Juana Feed Icon

Monday, March 02, 2009

Experimenting on Wheatgrass - EDSA Garden House at the Manila Seedling Bank

After several readings and encounters with wheatgrass, I decided to give it a try. Being my family's main caregiver and "health director", I feel it is my responsibility to keep abreast with the latest information and technology on health.

I went to the Manila Seedling Bank yesterday. Situated at the corner of Quezon Avenue and EDSA with a very large tarpaulin ad, I couldn't have missed it. Besides I had been there a number of times in the past.

Well, according to my little research, the wheatgrass is good for many many things. Detox, cancer prevention, facial care, skin rejuvenation, etc. Sounds good. I had my first encounter with the grass (yes, dear reader, it is grass) at an exhibit in Tiendesitas. There was a company, I think you call it Mighty Dove, that was selling wheatgrass in powder form. But I'm not really fond of powdered juices. I prefer to take them as close to their natural state as I can. Actually, TIPCO juice has spinach with wheatgrass. But my daughter noted that it has orange - and wheatgrass shouldn't be mixed with citrus because the latter destroys the enzymes of the grass which is its most beneficial property.

Inside the Manila Seedling Bank is the EDSA Garden House where the wheatgrass is sold. That's just among other things as the place is actually an herb/vegetable garden. I heard you can actually buy other things there - meat, fish, and of course vegetables. But I didn't see any when I went. It could be because I didn't really go around that much. I'll go back there and write about it.

For those of you who wish to contact the EDSA Garden House, you may reach them at tel. number (632) 927-0510 or 929-3189. They are located at the Manila Seedling Bank Environmental Center, EDSA corner Quezon Avenue, Quezon City, Philippines.

1 comment:

tatit said...

we're using this sa house mama jane. :]