Bahay ni Juana Feed Icon

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

The No Poo Shampoo Method - A Natural Way to Clean Hair

Commercial shampoos have chemicals that may cause cancer.  This is according to what I have found over the internet.  So, the herbalist, naturalist and "organicist" (???) that I am, I tried to search for an alternative to it.  I found the "no poo" method which are now being sold.  However, why buy when I can actually make it at home with very little cost.  Here's how I do it:

Mix 1 tbsp baking soda in 1 cup of water in a dipper.  In another dipper, mix the juice of1/4 dalandan or navel orange with 1 cup of water.  Wet hair thoroughly.  Pour the soda water solution through out the hair and scalp.  Massage scalp for a few seconds.  Rinse with tap water.  Pour in and massage through your hair the orange-water mixture.  leave on for about 5 minutes.  The longer it stays on hair, the softer the hair is. The nice
 
At the start, my hair became greasy but as it went on, I find that it smelled good and is really cleaner.  The orange was also good for my tresses as it became softer and more manageable.  plus my locks smell refreshingly nice with  the essence of orange.  I used GIGA's Scalp Treatment which is made from virgin coconut oil and ginger to stop my falling hair.  It seems like the regimen is working for me.  It's cheap and it really works.  Why don't you try it and find out? 

2 comments:

Grace said...

So you need rinse off the dalandan mixture after 5 minutes (or longer)? Thanks! :) I noticed you wrote this in early October, how's your hair so far? Salamat

Unknown said...

My hair now feels very clean and manageable. In fact, I feel that it has become less curly. It smells so good too. Also, I noticed that my hairfall has become lesser. No dandruff whatsoever. My hairdresser says it's easier to style my hair these days.
Thanks for visiting.