Well, I guess the title is misleading. Everyone should be concerned about testicular health. Why? primarily because we all are related to a male - a father, a brother, a cousin, a friend, an associate, a co-worker, etc, etc, etc. How hard it would be for us to see someone succumb to cancer when it could be cured with early detection. So much for the ranting, I'm quoting the following from Teenshealth:
"Here's what to do:
* It's best to do a TSE during or right after a hot shower or bath. The scrotum (skin that covers the testicles) is most relaxed then, which makes it easier to examine the testicles.
* Examine one testicle at a time. Use both hands to gently roll each testicle (with slight pressure) between your fingers. Place your thumbs over the top of your testicle, with the index and middle fingers of each hand behind the testicle, and then roll it between your fingers.
* You should be able to feel the epididymis (the sperm-carrying tube), which feels soft, rope-like, and slightly tender to pressure, and is located at the top of the back part of each testicle. This is a normal lump.
* Remember that one testicle (usually the right one) is slightly larger than the other for most guys — this is also normal.
* When examining each testicle, feel for any lumps or bumps along the front or sides. Lumps may be as small as a piece of rice or a pea.
* If you notice any swelling, lumps, or changes in the size or color of a testicle, or if you have any pain or achy areas in your groin, let your doctor know right away.
Lumps or swelling may not be cancer, but they should be checked by your doctor as soon as possible. Testicular cancer is almost always curable if it is caught and treated early."
Additionally, you can check for excess fluid in the testicles. Use a flashlight and try to illuminate at the back of the "balls". If it becomes luminous (or light passes) there's fluid. See your physician right away.
You can drink kefir to boost your immune system and prevent certain penile and testicular conditions. I let my dad drink it because he's over 60 and so far it is working quite well for him.
It's not easy to find kefir in the Philippines because it is of foreign origin. However, you can got to the website of Yoggie's Yogurt Station at www.yogurtstation.blogspot.com where kefir is sold at a lower price than other brands.