Bahay ni Juana Feed Icon

There was an error in this gadget

Monday, May 11, 2009

My First Day on the Job

Not actually on the job because I'm not getting paid. As a nurse in the Philippines, I hadn't had much success at getting an opportunity to get a job nor get training in the hospitals. Not until today, that is. Today was different. Today, I got my first taste of the hospital setting as a registered nurse and trainee.

The hospital at Camp Crame is not new to me. We've had our rotation there when I was in nursing school. But, I found out this afternoon that the hospital is really large and there were several other areas which we had not been able to go to. 7 out of the 58 nurses that were enlisted. I thought it wasn't such a huge number but when you realize that there would be at least 4 of us in an area sharing it with at least 10 student nurses, 51 would really be a crowd.

Anyway, I got a little excited today too. We had been told that after our 3-month training, we could actually request to join the EMS training there too. I'd been wanting to take it but the training is too expensive elsewhere. Well, let's see if I can stand the 3 months at the PNPGH.

5 comments:

bertN said...

How's your training going? I hope you are doing great.

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Keyword said...

hello... you may submit this blog to my webBlog Directory, keyworddir.info.. have a nice day!

Keyword Directory

indavao said...

hi... just dropping by!
http://www.fileafro.com
http://mobileandetc.blogspot.com
http://kantahanan.blogspot.com

jane said...

hi BertN. I've just finished doing it. It's been great - with all the new things I've learned and the discoveries I've made (both positive and negative). I feel more confident now. Thanks for asking.

There was an error in this gadget