Bahay ni Juana Feed Icon

Monday, May 11, 2009

My First Day on the Job

Not actually on the job because I'm not getting paid. As a nurse in the Philippines, I hadn't had much success at getting an opportunity to get a job nor get training in the hospitals. Not until today, that is. Today was different. Today, I got my first taste of the hospital setting as a registered nurse and trainee.

The hospital at Camp Crame is not new to me. We've had our rotation there when I was in nursing school. But, I found out this afternoon that the hospital is really large and there were several other areas which we had not been able to go to. 7 out of the 58 nurses that were enlisted. I thought it wasn't such a huge number but when you realize that there would be at least 4 of us in an area sharing it with at least 10 student nurses, 51 would really be a crowd.

Anyway, I got a little excited today too. We had been told that after our 3-month training, we could actually request to join the EMS training there too. I'd been wanting to take it but the training is too expensive elsewhere. Well, let's see if I can stand the 3 months at the PNPGH.

3 comments:

bertN said...

How's your training going? I hope you are doing great.

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Unknown said...

hi BertN. I've just finished doing it. It's been great - with all the new things I've learned and the discoveries I've made (both positive and negative). I feel more confident now. Thanks for asking.