Bahay ni Juana Feed Icon

Monday, December 10, 2007

Yogurt

Not sure if you would agree but I find that yogurt is really healthy. It's good eaten alone, with fruit or as a salad dressing. I'd like to share the recipe with you.

In a pot, heat 1 liter of milk until just warm. Dissolve 3 tablespoons plain yogurt and 1 tablespoon of sugar. cover and keep inside the oven or in any warm, dark place for about 10 hours.

Milk can be either liquid or powder. When using powder, reconstitute it with 3 cups water to 1 cup milk proportions. I use the High Calcium, Low Fat Monami Milk. So far, it has yielded the best tasting yogurt.

Sugar can be omitted if you are on a diet. I added it to the recipe to let the bacteria grow faster. I remember that technique from breadmaking.

So, there you are. Happy eating!

No comments: