Bahay ni Juana Feed Icon

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Apple Cider Elixir

I'm so into raw food and natural medicine.  It's just that I have come to make pharmaceutical preparations a last option because I know what it does to my body.  One of my home remedy is that of apple cider vinegar, honey and garlic.  However, it is so tedious to do that when I'm in a hurry I more often than not skip this whole thing.  Here's a better way to prepare it and have it for a month.


Apple Cider Elixir
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup raw honey
8 cloves garlic
Mix all  on low speed (the lowest that you can use). Keep in a glass or non-toxic plastic container . Seal and leave in the refrigerator for five days. Normal dosage is a tbsp. in a glass of water or fruit juice, grape or orange juice three times daily. Always keep your solution away from sunlight.  It can be kept in the refrigerator for about a month.  After that, discard and make another batch.  
I would like to try it with my slow juicer.  I and my family attest to its efficacy and we drink it at the onset of a cold or flu.  It would be good to have it everyday though.  
Oh, the apple cider vinegar has to be raw.  One such is Bragg but I couldn't find it in the grocery lately.  So, I'm going to make my own instead.  Would love to try making some with my water kefir.  Currently, we use the other brands.  Any suggestions?  

No comments: